Edit: I totally fixed the ginger! My problem was trying to skimp on the sugar (I think? I don’t actually know why it came out the way it did, but I did use less sugar), so I just had to bring balance back to the universe. Next time I’ll plan ahead and make lemon sugar, but this time around I just used regular.
Shona from Absolute Frankness nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award (thank you Shona)!
So here’s the deal:
1) Post eleven facts about yourself
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated
3) Choose eleven people to give this award to (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post
4) Go to their page and tell them
That’s cool and all, but as I’ve mentioned in a previous post (that includes a picture of Lancaster, so now I’m a little sad), I don’t play by the rules (because I don’t have 11 blogs to nominate). I will answer the questions though, because I love questions, and I’ll come up with my own that people can (and should) answer in the comments.
1. I’m eating chicken and carrot sticks for dinner, and I’m eating dinner sitting on my bed because my roommate is sitting at the dining room table.
2. I walked out of Mass this morning after the priest used the phase “promoting sexual confusion” about Maryland legalizing gay marriage.
3. I went out two nights this weekend, and it was great.
4. I haven’t been to contra dancing in more than a month and I totally miss it. I might go this week though, since I don’t have clinical on Thursday.
5. I leave water glasses all over my room.
6. While I was leading a group at my psych rotation about dealing with stress one of the patients suggested that a good response to being upset by messy roommates is leaving another mess so they’d see how annoying it is. I outwardly acted like this was a bad idea, but I’ve done it before. I’m kind of doing it right now actually.
7. I had half of my leftover burger from last night and a mug of hot chocolate for breakfast today. It may sound weird, but it was really tasty and surprisingly good fuel for when I worked out later.
8. I left a jar of yogurt and berries in the fridge at the hospital and I’m sad because they’re probably going to throw it away and I really liked that jar (it was from cookie butter. I guess now I need to buy more…).
9. There’s a house near my apartment that decorated for the holidays by putting up a plastic nativity scene that includes a big green alien. It’s kind of awesome.
10. I still haven’t hung my Picasso poster yet-it’s been in the same spot against my wall since the day I moved in.
11. The other night I was overcome by the need to move to Rochester. I seriously felt like it was Fate, and that if I didn’t I would miss out on something huge and important. That feeling has since passed, but I kind of wonder if it had to do with this random guy that I only barely know but still kind of think I’m fated to marry. Wouldn’t that be cool? It would make life so much easier.
And now questions!
1. What’s your favourite smell?
This one is really hard, and I’ve been thinking about it since I saw my nomination. I do love the smell of coconut a whole lot, and bread, and citrus, but the first thing that sprang to mind was hot pine needles, so I’m going with that. You know the dry ones on the ground in the forest during the summer? That’s a heck of a good smell. Baby smell is also nice, and I’m partial to men’s deodorants.
2. Would you rather go to Swansea or Portsmouth?
I’m guessing these are Swansea in Wales and Portsmouth in England (as opposed to Portsmouth in Virginia or New Hampshire)? Tough call. I don’t know a lot about Wales, but Doctor Who seems to go there a lot, and he’s never all that happy about it. Google Images shows castles though, which I imagine are nice. Portsmouth seems to have a big curvy tower though, so it’s really hard to pick. I’m going to say Portsmouth though, for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
3. Savoury pancakes or classic lemon and sugar?
Lemon and sugar. Well…I do love a good cheese pancake actually. Both. Savoury for dinner, lemon and sugar for dessert. And then a stomachache!
4. What did you have for lunch today?
A tortilla. Isn’t that sad? I was working on making candied ginger (it didn’t come out right, but I have loads of it, so I’m still giving it for holiday gifts) and cooking tends to kill my appetite.
5. What was the last book you read?
Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister. I picked it up while I was home on break, but I was so busy socializing with my family that I didn’t really read it until I came back to Baltimore. I had read it before, but it holds up well.
6. Would you live in an Enchanted Forest?
An evil one? Who am I kidding, yes.
7. If you were a Fairy Queen what would you be queen of?
The Enchanted Forest. Or midwifery. I know Queen Mab is the fairy midwife, but aren’t fairies created by babies laughing anyway? I bet that happens often enough to keep us both busy.
8. Would you like to live in the countryside or the city?
Countryside, but a special countryside that also has Trader Joe’s and Carbon Leaf concerts.
9. What’s the best Christmas movie?
Muppet Christmas Carol. Bar none.
10. Do you wear hats at all?
Not really. I have a bunny hat with floppy ears, but it has to be pretty cold for me to wear it. I love hoods though.
11. Would you have brought the ring to Mordor or let Sam do it for you?
Did Sam ever offer to go by himself? It seemed like it kind of ruined Frodo’s life, so that’s a point against going, but it also really cemented their friendship, and Sam would be a good friend to have. I’d go. I have such a yes-bias that Sam would just have to offer and I’d agree because I didn’t have anything better to do (excepting homework, but I’m usually ok putting that off if a friend wants to hang out).
And now my questions to YOU!
1. Where should I move next year? (Seriously. Tell me.)
2. What do you want for Christmas?
3. If you were hosting a theme dinner party what theme would you use? (cost is not an issue)
4. What movie are you most looking forward to seeing?
5. What was your favorite ever New Years Eve?
6. Would you rather have a corgi, or a Great Dane?
7. What was the last really delicious thing you ate?
8. How do you think Gossip Girl is going to end? (just in case anyone watches. My only friends who like the show aren’t caught up yet and I want to talk about it.)
9. What’s your favorite bar food?
10. If you could commit a crime and get away with it what would you do?
11. Can you fix candied ginger that caramelized instead of crystallized?