Sara from ModernAlice nominated me for the Versitile Blogger Award! (Thank you!) Her blog is seriously adorable, and has some really good content, and I highly recommend that people check it out.
So here are the rules for accepting this award:
- Thank the person who nominated me, and add a link
- Tell 7 things about myself
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers
1. I drove all by myself the other day for the first time, only a couple of days after driving without another licensed driver for the first time. I’m just advanced like that. 😉
2. I can live very happily in an untidy space, but only if I made the mess. Other people’s messes make me really anxious.
3. I have a small collection of plastic moose (mooses? moose.) on my bookcase. I don’t feel any great connection to moose, but I like them, and I’m planning on bringing at least a few of them to Baltimore to live on my bookcase there.
4. My favorite painter is Marc Chagall, and I think it would be really cool to have Chagall-themed engagement portraits taken when I get married.
5. I really like Taylor Swift. I know she’s cheesy, and I’ve heard she’s unpleasant in person, but I don’t care, because she has pretty hair and her songs are bouncy. And when they aren’t bouncy they hit the right note of sad country music that I love. That said, I don’t actually believe she writes her own songs. I could be wrong! She says she does, but as pretty as she is, and as much as I like the sound of her voice, I think she seems sort of dumb.
6. I’m probably going to have a single bed in my apartment, just because it comes with a single bed, and the roommate I’ve been talking to seemed unsure of whether a larger bed would fit. It isn’t a big deal, since I use the other half of my big bed for storage, but it’s a little annoying anyway. Except when I complain about it I feel like it sounds like I’m complaining because I want to use my bed for…entertaining, and that isn’t actually it. I don’t see a lot of that happening in the near future (check out my post about being judgemental for more on that subject), and it could be done, but I like having a big bed. I like to use my bed as a desk, and I just prefer the look of a big bed. Besides, twin beds make me think of that Death Cab song.
7. Look how cute my cat is! (ok, that’s kind of a cop-out, but I couldn’t think of anything better)
And now for the nominations! This is where things get tricky, since I don’t read that many blogs, and I comment on even fewer, but I nominate the lovely Joy, from Of Stranger Sensibilities!