Emily from Eating Chalk tagged me to do one of these posts (thanks!), so here it goes! (I’m going to cheat a bit, because most of my readers don’t have blogs as far as I know. If you happen across my blog though, I’d love to hear your responses!)
You must post these rules.
Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
Go to their page and tell them you linked him or her.
No tag backs.
No stuff in the tagging section about “you are tagged if you are reading this.” You have to legitimately tag 11 people. (Sorry, can’t.)
11 Things About Me
1. Every night for the past few weeks I’ve thought about taking out my eyebrow ring. The day is coming, but I’m just not ready yet.
2. I had my first kiss when I was fourteen and at summer camp. He was from Spain, and a good head shorter than me, and it was obviously not his first kiss.
3. I love red heads. Guys, girls, it doesn’t matter. I think red hair is incredibly sexy and beautiful.
4. When I get my nursing degree I’m getting a dog. I’ve never had one before, but I’ve wanted one my whole life, and I’m currently thinking I’ll get a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever that I’ll name Tock.
5. I want to be a midwife in underserved areas, but I’ve been thinking that I might like to work on American Indian reservations as opposed to jetting off to the third world right after school. There’s just as much need, and that way I’ll get to bring Tock. Eventually though, I want to see the world, and deliver babies in rural Africa.
6. I love rolling coins. It’s gross, because it makes my hands dirty, but it’s satisfying, and then money appears out of what used to be pretty useless stuff that weighed down my purse and pockets.
7. I love games, and I’m planning on stealing several from my parents’ house when I move out (shhh!)
8. I like rare meat. I’ve read horror stories about people getting really sick from undercooked ground beef, but I think a medium rare burger is one of the most delicious foods around.
9. I drank skim milk for years, but now that I’m back on whole I’m never going back. It’s just that much more delicious.
10. I really really miss rowing. I watched the “Sh*t Rowers Say” video last night, and it made me realize how much I miss that life. I miss blisters, and early mornings, and just being on the water. I also miss playing rugby, but I think I’m done with team sports, because they make me sad. It’ll be ok though, because I’m going to learn to scull…eventually.
11. I’m excited for Valentine’s Day because it’s also the Westminster Dog Show, and for the first time in four years I’ll get to watch the whole thing without having to justify it to my housemates.
1. You can fly anywhere in the world to eat one item of food. Where do you go and what do you eat?
Amsterdam, for a cheese pancake. I studied there for a summer, and there was an amazing pancake place right down the street from our dorm.
2. How many songs are in your i-Tunes library?
1649, but I own a lot more that I just haven’t put on my computer yet.
3. How many states have you lived in? How many have you visited?
I’ve lived in New York, and Massachusetts, and I’ve visited Arizona, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Missouri, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, and Virginia.
4. If you could be any TV character, who would you be and why?
Tough call. I think I’d like to be…Payson Keeler from Make It or Break It, because she’s smoking hot, and a total badass athlete. I really admire her character, but we’re very different, so it would be a big change.
5. If you had to change careers tomorrow, what new job would you want to do?
Well, as I’m currently a file clerk, I guess I’d be a midwife! Ok, that’s cheating. If midwifery was out of the picture I’d like to work on a farm. A small hippie farm though, not some big factory farm.
6. If you had to pick one food to give up for the rest of your life what would you pick? What would you pick to have to eat every day for the rest of your life?
I would give up wine, because I honestly just don’t get why people think it’s so exciting. It’s ok, but it makes me sleepy, and I prefer water with meals. I could happily eat a peach every day for the rest of my life. Or a pomegranate. Or a really good, crisp apple.
7. How many blogs are in your GoogleReader?
Zero. I don’t even get what GoogleReaders are.
8. How many children do you want to have? How many siblings did you grow up with?
I want to give birth to two children, and adopt at least one. I have two sisters, and that was a nice number. Plus, there are lots of paintings, and tv shows, and books with three sisters, and those make me happy, because they make me think of my sisters. I’d like at least one boy though.
9. (If tv was still good…) would you rather be on Real World or Road Rules? Why?
You know, I didn’t watch either of those. Wikipedia makes Road Rules sound like more fun though, so I’ll go with that.
10. Which fashion/hair/make-up trend did you participate in that you wish you’d skipped?
I have a big soft spot in my heart for grunge, and even though I know it’s a terrible look I rocked overalls way after I should have accepted that they don’t look good on anyone.
11. What physical attribute do you love most about yourself?
I love my breasts. I feel like I talk about them more than is normal, but I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on them over the years, and I just think they’re sexy and awesome, and I really hope I get to someday use them for breastfeeding.
My Questions to You
1. When was the last time you laughed really hard? When was the last time you cried?
2. If you could live without sleep, how would you use all of that extra time?
3. If you were a surgeon, what would your specialty be?
4. Goats, sheep, or cows? Why?
5. If you could bring an old timey style of dress back into fashion (without worrying about safety concerns, like organ-squeezing corsets that break rib,s and kill people and whatnot), what would you pick?
6. What would your storyline be if you were a student at Degrassi?
7. If you had to wear a hat every day, what kind would you pick?
8. What house would you be in if you went to Hogwarts?
9. What book will you 100% read to your children (if you don’t have any yet)/what is the most important book that you do/did read to your children?
10. If you could go back in time and relive your life from a certain point, when would you start over?
11. What is a physical feat you would like to achieve?
I don’t know many bloggers, so the floor is open! Have at! (And I’m looking at you, Emily and Lillian! I’ll feel very glum indeed if no one responds.)